1. HOW MANY BOOKS IS TOO MANY BOOKS IN A SERIES? If the series is great, no number is too many. (See, Harry Potter).
2. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT CLIFFHANGERS? I hate them!
3. HARDCOPY OR PAPERBACK? Both. Though hardcopy has a marginal advantage.
4. FAVOURITE BOOK? Salt and Nejma by Nayyirah Waheed.
5. LEAST FAVOURITE BOOK? Any book which bores me to the point that I can’t complete reading it.
6. LOVE TRIANGLES, YES OR NO? Of course.
7. THE MOST RECENT BOOK YOU JUST COULDN’T FINISH? Juliet Takes a Breath by Gabby Rivera.
8. A BOOK YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING? V for Vendetta by Alan Moore & David Lloyd.
9. LAST BOOK YOU RECOMMENDED TO SOMEONE? Difficult Women by Roxane Gay
10. OLDEST BOOK YOU’VE READ? Religious texts.
11. NEWEST BOOK YOU’VE READ? An African-American and Latinx History of the United States by Paul Ortiz.
12. FAVORITE AUTHOR? Toni Morrison.
13. BUYING BOOKS OR BORROWING BOOKS? Buy, but borrowing in a book swap with friends is cool too.
14. A BOOK YOU DISLIKE THAT EVERYONE SEEMS TO LIKE? Twilight by Stephanie Meyer.
15. BOOKMARKS OR DOGEARS? Bookmarks!
16. A BOOK YOU CAN ALWAYS REREAD? Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling.
17. CAN YOU READ WHILE HEARING MUSIC? Yes.
18. ONE POV OR MULTIPLE POVS? Multiple POVs was my first love, but I’m fine with either.
19. DO YOU READ A BOOK IN ONE SITTING OR OVER MULTIPLE DAYS? Depends on how quickly it can suck me in.
20. ONE BOOK YOU READ BECAUSE OF THE COVER. The Stockholm Octavo by Karen Engelmann.
-Ms. Malcolm Hughes